Each one of you has received a special grace, so, like good stewards responsible for all these graces of God, put yourselves at the service of others. If you are a speaker, speak in words which seem to come from God; if you are a helper, help as though every action was done at God's orders; so that in everything God may received the glory, through Jesus Christ, since to Him alone belong all glory and power for ever and ever. Amen. (1 Peter 4:10-11)
God has gifted all of us in so many different ways so why not share those gifts and talents in the service of others, in the way you can?
There are different ways you can help with Spirit in the City.
Information and Welcome
“Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for thereby some have entertained angels unaware”. (Hebrews 13:2)
- Answer queries from visitors
- Welcome people and explain the objectives of the Festival
- Explain the layout of the square and the different activities and events
- Help set up the information stalls and man them
Street Evangelisation Team
“After this, the Lord appointed seventy-two others and sent them on ahead of Him, two by two, into every town and place where He Himself was about to go”. (Luke 10:1)
- Engaging in faith sharing conversations with passers-by
- Giving out leaflets, Scripture passages and other useful items
- Face painting*
- Feet washing*
*The above activities are ways of entering into faith conversations with people.
Catering & Hospitality Team
- Prepare refreshments for the teams
- Cook and serve lunch for the teams
- Clean and wash up afterwards
Logistics and Practicalities
- Setting up tents: workshops, Adoration.
- Setting up stalls, and signage
- Setting up banners, buntings, reconciliation and prayer spaces
- Coordinate the workshop tents
- Dismantling tents, packing away all materials and equipment
Prayer and Intercession
- Prayer Team (to pray in pairs for people in the Prayer Tent)
- Intentionally pray and intercede for the event, both before and during
Join and help us make Spirit in the City happen:
…because our passion for God takes us beyond the church walls!
Financial Help and Donations
The Spirit in the City Festival is currently the largest Catholic Festival to be found in the heart of London. The entire programme is financed solely through grants and donations to cover the administrative and publicity costs, as well as the running costs associated with staging the event, i.e. stage and equipment, artists’ fees, refreshments, materials.
We rely entirely on the generosity of our benefactors and we also rely on the many volunteers who freely give of their time and offer their skills to make Spirit in the City a reality.
If you are able to make a financial contribution:
- Click the link above if you would like to make a donation.
- Cheques can be made payable to ‘Notre Dame de France’ and sent to:
Spirit in the City Festival, 5 Leicester Place London WC2H 7BX.
To maximise your donation, please enable us to claim Gift Aid (form can be downloaded from here).
Please keep this venture in your prayers! Here is a link to the official Spirit in the City prayer.